As one of the area’s most trusted obgyn specialist centres, Tamar Obstetrics and Gynaecology has helped many Northwest Tasmania and Launceston residents control their reproductive health, and assist with many happy and fruitful pregnancies. We offer a range of obstetrics and gynaecological services, with doctors specialised in providing individualised care.
When you first visit the Tamar O&G clinic we establish a profile of your medical history and lifestyle, and this becomes the basis of a long-term client relationship, where any treatments you undertake are tailored with your specific concerns in mind. Such personalised healthcare service leads to much improved outcomes for our patients and is the basis for our policy of lifetime continuity of care, building up trust and understanding as you return to visit the clinic year after year.
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
One powerful tool for providers of reproductive and uterine health is keyhole surgery, which allows for a more direct and safer approach to many of the conditions Tamar O&G sees regularly. Diagnostic laparoscopy, a procedure where a small camera (laparoscope) is inserted through a tiny incision in the abdomen to examine the organs therein. It is significantly less invasive than other obgyn diagnostic procedures and can be used to easily identify and diagnose the source of pain in the patient’s pelvis or abdomen.
- Infertility workup
- Prenatal counselling
- High risk obstetrics including complex care needs
- Low risk and shared care obstetrics
- Management of early pregnancy issues, i.e. ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage, cervical stitch
- Menstrual abnormalities, heavy periods and painful periods
- Contraceptive management, including insertion of intrauterine devices and arm implants
- Requests for sterilisation
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Menopause management and HRT
- Management of cervical screening (pap smear) problems, including colposcopy
- Investigation for gynaecological cancer
- Pelvic pain
- Endometriosis including complex endometriosis
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Ovarian cysts
- Hysterectomy - including keyhole surgery to remove the uterus
- Prolapse surgery, including the use of transvaginal mesh and intra-abdominal mesh surgery.
- Incontinence surgery
- Neotonus chair